Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Ready to trust Wells? Not yet.

All over Red Sox Nation people are actually looking forward to the next start from David Wells. After last night's 7 inning, 1 hit performance, I can't say I blame them, but I'm not sold yet. He's had a couple of great starts this year, but then he's reverted right back to getting hammered the next start. This is the first time he's put together such a long streak of good starts, but I need a little bit more to get me to look forward to him. Maybe it's a case of numbers though. As Soxaholix pointed out, since Wells switched numbers with Edgar Renteria he has won 3 out of the 4 games he's started. His ERA is down to 4.54 from 6.81, his command has been perfect, and he's going deep into games. But I still have my doubts.

So far so good in this series. The Sox are doing what they're supposed to do and that's beating Cininati's bad pitchers. Tonight will be a little more challenging when they send out their surprise ace, Aaron Harang. I can feel a sweep though. I think the Sox will get it done.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?