Thursday, May 12, 2005

An end of an era

The Blaine Neal era of Red Sox baseball is officially over as Colorado claimed the reliever off of waivers. Neal was out of options so when the Sox sent him down in favo of Blaine Neal all 30 major league teams got a crack at the guy before he could officially be placed on the Paw Sox roster. I was pulling for the guy, but with the way he pitched this year, I won't exactly miss him.

I haven't seen a single bit of a Red Sox game all week besides what Baseball Tonight has shown me and it's starting to drive me insane. Connecticut, in all its NESNless glory, really is hell on earth. Luckily I'll be heading back to good ol' Rhode Island tomorrow afternoon and I'll be able to catch some of, if not all of, tomorrow night's game.

The Red hot streak for the Sox should continue when they roll into Seattle. Jeremi Gonazlez, Wade Miller, and Tim Wakefield should be taking the mound against a below average team. The Red Sox are only a single game behind the Orioles and a series against the Mariners is just what they need to make a run at the division lead.

I'm not sure if it's good news or bad news, but David Wells is making progress. It is good in a way. I don't really have confidence that Jeremi Gonzalez can keep up his relatively solid effort, but...well, things have been nice without Wells! The same article mentions how Schilling isn't doing as well.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?