Monday, March 14, 2005

OH MY GOD! They have a losing record!!!!1!!@!one!

DOOM! GLOOM! PANIC! Ok, ok, maybe not. I'm just practicing for when the Sox drop three in a row during the season. They dropped another spring game, this time to the Twins. Their record is very unimpressive this year, but I assure you there is nothing to worry about. The team is still in solid shape to have a hell of a season and once they actually start trying to win ballgames, they most certainly will.

I know you've all been dying to know how I did with my fantasy league yesterday. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. I think I have a very solid team, but it doesn't look like I drafted it. I mentioned yesterday how I never have speed or saves on my team. From the looks of it I have the fastest team in the league and I actually used a pick on a legitimate closer (as well as a mediocre closer). As a bonus, the legit closer that I picked is Keith Foulke. I'm going to mention my team several times throughout the year I'm sure, so I'll keep everyone updated. As for now, I don't have much to say about it. At least not until the season starts. I think I'll do just fine though. I did make a couple of homer picks, but I think they were both good ones. Somewhere around the 19th round I picked up David Wells as my fourth starter and with my second to last pick (22nd round) I took a chance on Wade Miller. He'll start the year on the DL, but there are a couple of starters still left on the waiver wire that I wouldn't mind picking up to replace him for a month or so. Just like with the Sox, it was a low risk, possible high pay-off move with Miller.

I hadn't noticed, but apparently Matt Clement hasn't walked a batter yet this spring. His other stats aren't exactly impressive, but he says that's mostly because he's just fooling around out there. Trying out pitches, throwing different kinds of pitches that he normally wouldn't throw in certain situations. I just mentioned it in my last post, but I'll mention it again. I think Clement will have a good year. If he can cut down on his walks, he will have a great year.

The Queer Eye for the Straight Guy show will be recording over the next few days. The show will be giving a makeover to six Sox stars today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. There's nothing to worry about for Johnny Damon who apparently can't get a haircut until his new book is released, but the other five involved in the shooting are fair game. The episode could be airing as early as June.

Now this is a class I could get into. I always slept through history, skipped class for calculus, ignored the work in literature, and was all around, a pretty bad college student. But a class in Sabermetrics??? A class where the sylabus includes Moneyball and Bill James??? I could really get into that! Time to transfer to Tufts University.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?